Keep track of your progress with this checklist to make sure you don't miss a step!
* required videos, all others are optional but encouraged
Smile, wave, and keep it simple! This video will be used to catch the users attention to click and open the widget. It will be a looped video, so it’s easiest if the wave is simple. No sound or narrative is needed for this video.
2. Website Welcome Video
Note: We will edit these videos so please ignore the transitions and sliced scenes :)
This is the first video that users will see when they expand the widget. Your goal is to make them feel welcome, explain 1-2 features that make your property unique, and encourage them to explore. Below is a suggested script you can load to a teleprompter app, but most importantly, encourage them to “Take a Virtual tour of the property, Schedule a tour, Match with their preferred floor plan, or apply”
30 - 45 seconds
**Note: The text in yellow should be replaced with your property's specific information. Feel free to use this script as a just guide and make it your own. Have fun with it!
“Hi and welcome to Property Name. My name is _________ and I'm the Community Manager. Property Name is an amazing place to call home. With our spacious floor plans, amenities like amenity 1 and amenity 2, and local eateries, breweries, boutiques, and coffee shops right around the corner, we think you'll love living at Property Name. If you're interested in seeing our favorite floor plans and amenities, "Take a Virtual Tour", below. Otherwise, if you'd rather see the units and amenities for yourself, you can schedule an in-person or virtual tour below. If you're ready to apply, we'll ask you a few quick questions to start the process. Thanks for touring Property Name and we can't wait for you to call this place home.”
3. Virtual Tour Overview
This video is an overview of what users can expect to see in the virtual property tour. The script below shows an example of how properties usually highlight quick floor plans and amenities that users can see in more detail if they select the “Floor Plans” or “Amenities” options. If they like what they see, remember to encourage them to schedule a tour or apply below”
30 - 45 seconds
“At Property Name, we offer spectacular amenities such as our amenity 1, amenity 2, and amenity 3. We also offer a variety of floor plans such as our Floor Plan Style 1, Floor Plan Style 2, and Floor Plan Style 3 designed with your comfort in mind. Choose an option below to explore our best amenities and floor plans here at Property Name.”
4. Floor Plan Videos (up to 3 videos)
Give a quick tour with features/benefits of the specific floor plan. This is a long video so if you make mistakes, please just continue filming and we can crop out any noticeable retakes. We ideally ask that it’s provided as one continuous clip for editing’s sake, so it’s easier if you just keep filming. At the end of the video, if the viewer would like to see the units in-person, encourage them to schedule a tour. Otherwise, if they’re ready to apply, encourage users to click the apply button to start the process.
Up to 60 seconds
5. Amenities Videos (up to 3 videos)
Give a quick tour with features/benefits of a specific amenity that is unique to your property. This is a long video so if you make mistakes, please just continue filming and we can crop out any noticeable retakes. We ideally ask that it’s provided as one continuous clip for editing’s sake so it’s easier if you just keep filming. At the end of the video, if the viewer would like to see the amenities or units in-person, encourage them to schedule a tour. Otherwise, if they’re ready to apply, encourage users to click the apply button to start the process.
Up to 60 seconds
6. Miscellaneous Videos (up to 3 videos)
Any supporting videos of the property or surrounding neighborhood that we can splice into the website welcome and virtual tour overview videos. We encourage a pan of the property, signage, or surrounding neighborhood/shops.
5 - 10 seconds
Required & Provided Equipment
Curious what you'll need to record your videos? We cover that here, along with what will be provided to you.
Smartphone: We recommend starring or writing down your best takes so you know which ones to send later.
Kit: (What we’ll send you)
What’s in the kit?
Wireless Bluetooth Microphone
Pick the right spaces
- Your welcome video, floorplans, and amenities videos are a chance to highlight the best your property has to offer. Be mindful of the most visually appealing areas within your property to film your videos.
- Avoid dark, dingy corners and harsh backlighting in favor of a bright space with plenty of natural light.
- You'll also want to keep noise to a minimum without too much going on in the background.
Find your best angle
- Find your best angle, and center yourself in the shot. Remember that you’ll want to film in portrait mode for the best results.
- Computer or laptop cameras will do the trick, but phone cameras are even better. Back cameras are usually higher quality than front cameras, so set up your phone or ask a friend to help you record to get the best shot.
Get to the point
- You want viewers to get to the good stuff as soon as they hit play.
- Start talking immediately after you’ve started recording.
- If you're worried about forgetting what to say, you can include our suggested scripts to prompt you.
Take pan shots slow and steady
- For videos panning across a location, make sure to take it slow and steady. You want the viewer to get the full picture, not a headache! :)
- 12 North is a great example of this. Check out their Virtual Tour videos here.
Look directly at the lens
- You want to speak directly to your viewers. Sometimes this makes following a script difficult, which is why we recommend using a teleprompter app. Be sure to check out our recommended scripts as well.
- You likely showcase your property to visitors on a daily basis. Treat this video as another potential prospect and don’t overthink it. You can find a balance between being casual and professional to really engage your potential prospects.
- Smile, and speak clearly to keep people engaged.
- It's okay to have speaker notes, but don't stick too strictly to a script. This is your chance to show your audience who you really are– use it! Remember to download Teleprompter if you need a gentle reminder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most common questions we are asked about the video-making process.
- A shared folder such as DropBox or Google Drive is preferred, otherwise, email your videos to hello@LeaseLeads.co with your property name in the subject line.
- File Format must be in .mp4, .mov, or .webm format and no larger than 300 MB.
- If possible, please label the videos appropriately (e.g., welcome, floor plans 1 bedroom, etc)
- We provide a Virtual Tour Filming Kit for each property team. This kit includes a wireless microphone compatible with most smartphones, as well as a stabilizer gimbal. While we recommend a light ring, it is not required.
- We ask that you trim your start and stop points on the videos and complete any edits you’d like to make prior to sending over your finalized versions.
- We add music to your video that we have licensed rights to use.
- We also cut out any mistakes you’ve made during your video. It happens! We’ll do our best to note all mistakes, particularly in the longer videos. If you point them out to us when providing the videos that is even more helpful.